Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hello paneling!

Back half newly paneled

Birch wood paneling. Yes, we are trying to move forward into the 21st century and not back into the 1970's but since we only had to replace half the panels we just wanted it to match.

Left-old. Right-new.

Okay, so the coloring is a little off, but the wood is the same. This means when we do get to the point of modernizing it by paint it will look the same! Yay!
So I completely screwed up the measurements of the panel on the ceiling. As Anthony called out the measurements he took of the roof, I took mental notes. We headed back into the garage to measure and cut the board and he asks me what the measurement was. I told him in confidence "90 inches by 34 and 3/4 inches" He then asked if I was sure and why I hadn't written it down. I told him I had a wonderful memory and didn't need to write two numbers down and who did he take me for? A dummy?

Well, I guess I am.

I don't know where in my ass I pulled 34 and 3/4 inches from but it was very wrong. As we are trying to fit the panel above our heads and I am getting dead arms (the same kind you get when you spend too much time trying to put your hair up) I hear "aww shit". Apparently the correct measurement was 57 inches and not 34 and 3/4th. oops. We figured it out and it looks fine but there was a small amount of Kate gravels to Anthony time happening.



No comments:

Post a Comment